Thursday 20 November 2008

Bridging the Gap

Following on from publishing my Statement of Intent on Facebook (thank you to those who read it and a double thank you to those who commented) I have made the move over to Blogger. This was an idea kindly given to me by my housemate Gary, the most internet and computer savvy person I know. He suggested that I do this as a way of making my portfolio look a bit more professional, similar to how he has done with his website (boutrosboutrosgary.com – an interesting look for anyone with a remote interest in computer games, i.e. EVERYONE).

His point was a good one; he said that I can’t seriously advertise my blogs on a website like Facebook where there are pictures of me with one eyebrow, fake blood on my head and a ‘fake’ hand in my mouth (see below).

Although I will carry on posting my blogs on Facebook, this will be my main blogging source. I might get all sneaky with it like bands and put bonus content on here just to make people look, but 1. I don’t think I can be bothered, and 2. I don’t think other people will be that bothered. We’ll see.

I have posted my original Statement of Intent because I think it is the best place to start a fresh. Now I am going to post all my old blogs, like my Euro 2008 ones and other random shizzle, which might just make me look like an idiot because of the terrible power that is hindsight, but hey-ho, needs must and all that.

So, the entire purpose of this very short blog is to just bridge the gap between my Statement of Intent and the distant past of my old blogs, hence the title.

No comments: